Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nothing REALLY Prepares you for High School

I know I don't have the "usual" high school experience, since I was at an academy that had one hall way and never more that 120 students for the first two years, and then we combined with a "real" high school, but I think I have enough knowledge to say that NOTHING prepares you for high school.

Parents tell you that you should just worry about your grades, not your friends.

And T.V? They're probably the worst. Television and movies have the WORST representations of high school ever (Except Secret Life, that's surprisingly accurate). They give you this idea that there are these "popular" kids, that run the school and bully everyone, but honestly, most high schools are too big for there to be one group of people that everyone knows.

You're more likely to get stabbed in the back by your best friend than by and enemy. Which upsets me. A lot. I can handle enemies, they're whatever. They don't mean a thing to me. But when my best friend hurts me? I turn into a complete mess. I'm just not capable of dealing with someone I care about betraying me, it's not a skill I have.

Maybe I just chose the wrong group of people to be friends with. I know not all people in high school are like this, in fact, my junior friends have the LEAST amount of drama. And I'm jealous of them. I WISH my life was that drama free. I WISH that my friends didn't feel the need to talk about everyone and everything.

And you know what pisses me off the most?

I'm one of the most honest people ever. I HATE lying, and by association I hate liars. If I have a problem, I tell you. And if I do talk about you, I'll tell you. But somehow I STILL get people saying that I talk about people behind their backs.

Oh, and the double standards people seem to have, "Oh, when I do it it's venting , but when you it it's talking crap." Seriously? Everyone needs to vent sometimes, and most of the time, I don't even mean what I say when I'm venting, I just need to let off steam, which is exactly what venting is for.

I can't wait for high school to be over.

I'm not even sure I'm going to post this...

Stressed and drama-free for the moment,
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment