Sunday, October 16, 2011

London

Article first published as Music Review: London - Diving Heart First on Blogcritics.

So, there's this amazing musician named London. She is a 21-year-old singer/songwriter with a very unique sound that's edgy and raw with emotion. Unlike most mainstream artists, her lyrics tell us about her experiences in a very blunt way, instead of sugarcoating it and churning out the same thing over and over again like many artists. If you follow her on Twitter you'll see that she is down to earth and absolutely adores her fans, which is something you so rarely see with people trying to make it big these days

I first came across London three years ago while I was browsing through YouTube. I was amazed from the first note she sang, and have only become more amazed as time has gone on.

I think that growth is important in any type of artist, and London has grown so much artistically in the last three years. She's gone from a young teenage girl who had a tendency to sing through her nose, to this beautiful young lady who's been signed and is currently trying to raise funds to produce her second album.

Her music is easy to relate to and catchy.

Her debut album, Diving Heart First, came out in March 2010 and is full of fun, catchy songs that really tell you who London is.

The following are some of my favorite songs from the album:

"Girl in the Crowd" is a fun tune that tells the story of a girl just wanting to fit in, to get everybody to understand that there's more to her than meets the eye. I love this song because it reminds me a lot of the person I was in middle school.

"Tools of Persuasion" is a great way to let a guy know that unless he commits, he isn't getting any. This song is one of my favorites because in today's society, everybody seems to treat sex so lightly, but I believe that it should be something people should be more careful with. I'm not one of those people who think you should wait 'til marriage, but I definitely think it should be with someone you love and not just a casual thing.

"Carried Away" Everyone gets carried away sometimes. When I think about the song "Carried Away," it reminds me of two people who have different ideas about what their relationship is. For instance, maybe one of them thinks that they're exclusive and the other thinks they're just casual.

I've heard a few people say that they think that London sounds like Miley Cyrus, and I don't agree. To me, Miley just seems like she's trying to hard to be "edgy" and that ruins the effect, London isn't trying to be anything, she's just being herself.

I think that Diving Heart First is great for people looking for new, unique music, sung by someone who truly cares about her fans.

I really hope you check out London's music and that you enjoy it.

You can listen to some of her songs at purevolume.com/MissLDN, and buy her muisc via her website at MissLDN.com.

Read more: http://blogcritics.org/music/article/music-review-london-diving-heart-first/page-2/#ixzz1axcjIHhF

No comments:

Post a Comment