Sunday, September 18, 2011

On Writing: As a Writer and an Actress: Acting Classes

Today I read a blog post about whether or not an aspiring writer should take a writing course (You can find that post Here), and I decided I wanted to do my own post about a sort-of-but-not-really similar topic.

Acting Classes.



I've wanted to be a writer since about 7th grade and I've wanted to be an actress since my sophomore year, but I didn't take my first acting class until my junior year. As soon as we starting going over all the things you need to do as and actor, I knew that the class would help my writing. The different techniques really help you understand characters and avoid plot holes. When preparing a scene/monologue, you have to make choices, why is my character doing this, how can I portray this. You also have to figure out your characters goal and the conflict that stops the character from getting to that goal. Sigh, I feel like I'm explaining this all wrong and just confusing you guys...Just take my word for it, if you want to be writer, a good acting class can definately help you improve.

Don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook!!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to be a write and an actress. I'm still thinking about it, but I think thats what I want to do with my life. You should post more things about this. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete