Friday, July 22, 2011

In The Forest of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

This book isn't exactly new, but it's my favorite book of all time, I've probably read it well over a hundred times, it never gets old. I first read this book in 8th grade, I was thirteen and nerdy. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was thirteen when she wrote this book. And at the time I thought the writing was the best thing since Shakespeare, of course, I've matured since then so I realise that its not the best writing in the world in fact, it's probably only a couple of levels above Stephenie Meyer, but it's still my favorite book.


I don't have the book with me here in Mississippi, so I'm going to do my best to remember details. It's about vampires (this is the only vampire book I can read without rolling my eyes and gagging), the main character Risika/Rachel is turned into a vampire three hundred years before this book takes place. It's basicly about her past and her battle with herself and her blood brother (I'm not sure that's the right word, they were created by the same vampire). The ending kind of leaves you with a "uh, that's it?" Not like boring, but more like dissapointed 'cause it's over and you wanna know what happens next.

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is the one who inspired me to start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment