Tuesday, July 19, 2011

LeAnn Rimes

On Saturday I went to see LeAnn Rimes with my dad (I hang out with my dad a lot, I have no friends in Mississippi). She was pretty amazing. I know most people don't like country, but I grew up on country, my earliest memories are of listening to country in the car with my dad. LeAnn Rimes is one of the more inspiring country singers out there, she was so young when she started, I think it's somewhere between 11 and 14.


At one point during the show she was talking about a song she wrote when she was having a bad day she said, "Thank God you can turn those bad days into songs." Which is completely true, even if your not a singer/musician putting how your feeling into words helps a lot.

I was sitting there watching her perform and I thought, up until I was 14, that was all I wanted to do. I wanted to be on stage performing. I still do acting, but singing in front of a crowd is a completely different experience. I can't help wondering, what changed my mind?

Oh, and she's sooo pretty.

(I almost put an inside joke there, but for those peolple that get it, No hetero. I hope nobody's offended)

No comments:

Post a Comment