Sunday, July 24, 2011

I've Changed, but You Haven't

Sixth grade was a difficult year for me. I started out the year with no friends, my friends from elementary school either went to different middle schools or we didn't have anything in common anymore (three months can really change a person). A couple months in I met Cheyenne and Marie. I'd actually known Marie before that, but it had probably been four years since we'd seen each other last (Our fathers were friends). Marie and I didn't get along most of the time, Cheyenne was kind of the buffer between us.


Aside from that we were typical bestfriends, we all thought the same boys were cute, we had secret languages,and code names for people when we were talking about them. At the end of sixth grade Cheyenne moved away. I joined drill corp and made new friends, Marie and I drifted apart.

Almost six years later and Marie (who now goes by Andrea) and I are very good friends. Recently I added Cheyenne on facebook and we started talking. I realised that, while I've become a completely different person, she is the exact same as she was in sixth grade. It's kind of like going back in time and getting to be who you are now, but have your friends exactly the way they were, you don't have to grow up. You get to eat your cake and have it too.

Don't forget to follow and like us on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Throw-Rocks-At-Cars/136680686416762

No comments:

Post a Comment