Friday, August 12, 2011

My Dating Insecurities

Hey!

I know that lately I've been doing a lot more personal post, and that's probably going to continue. I just don't have anything else to post about at the moment.

My Dating Insecurities:
-I would never be able to date a bisexual guy..
     -There's nothing wrong with people who are bisexual, or gay, or lesbian, but the idea of dating a bisexual guy makes me really insecure because not only could he cheat on me with a girl, he could cheat with a guy and that's kind of like stabbing me in the back, twisting the knife, and pouring a gallon of rubbing alcohol on it. I know that not all guys cheat, but I wouldn't be willing to take the chance unless it was someone I know and trust a lot.
-Guys who aren't virgins.
     This is mostly due to the guys I know. I've had a lot of deep discussions with the guys I know about sex, and several of them have said straight up "If a girl offers me sex, I'm gonna do it." and this goes back to the cheating thing. It also has to do with the fact that I know that I'm not ready for sex, and I wont be for a while. I don't plan on having sex before I'm 18. It's too big a risk, My brothers fiance got pregnant at sixteen, and while I love my niece more than anything in the world, we all wish they both had been older (although, we were surprised that my brother didn't get anyone pregnant when HE was 16, especially since he was practically living with his girlfriend). I don't want to be in that position, ever. And I know that I'm not mature enough, I'm content just being a kid. :)
-Guys who've dated a lot.
     -I think this one is kind of self-explanatory, the thought of being compared to another girl and coming up short is something that makes most girls insecure.
-Guys who do drugs.
     -This is less of an insecurity and more of a definate no, expecially now. Before, my policy was as long as he wasn't doing it around me, he could do whatever he wanted. But now I just don't want to be around people who are willing to harm themselves and those around them like that.
-Guys who have a lot of girl   friends.
    -Okay, I'm not one of those girls who gets super jealous and mad if my boyfriend talks to another girl, but if the majority of his friends on facebook are girls who call him "babe" or saying "you're such a cutie", I might get a little suspicious.

Of course, none of these are definate no's (except the drugs, I will not date someone who's doing drugs), they're just things that make me insecure.

I would really love it if others would do this.

Don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great post and I can relate to the majority of things you've said, when I first met my boyfriend he was known as quite a flirt and would always be flirting with girls which put me off getting into a relationship with him, but if they do care for you and know you don't like these they are willing to tone it down, like we've been together over two years and he has girl mates but he doesn't go to his old ways :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have a tendency to fall for giant flirts too, most of the time they don't even realize that they're flirts.

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete